• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

Re: Widespread Panic

#42258 3 years ago
WSMFP! Hell yeah my first show was in 09 when Allmans opened for Panic. It was fucking sick. The first song i can remeber was hearing Bear gone Fishn and it got me going but prior ive never heard of them. the song that instantly made me a panic fan for life was hearing Ride me High. Since ive seen 4 panic shows and going to see them both nights at the Chi Theatre on Fall tour... As long as theres Water coooo coool Water
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#43786 2 years, 12 months ago
Schools is the best bass player alive next to Phil.. no kidding.
The following user(s) said Thank You: edheadwharfrat
taper.tsquare
Visitor

#43926 2 years, 12 months ago
the more i listen to the Oakland Panic shows (as well as other live performances) the more they are growing on me.
derek92
Junior Boarder

#47556 2 years, 11 months ago
yes panic gets ya idk i dig what they do and i love jimmy and you cant complain with dave he is pretty good
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#47642 2 years, 11 months ago
see i am not impressed with dave schools sound in WSP...i think it's cool he plays a modulus bass because i love the tone they get but i always feel like he is never used to his full potential...it's like i know he can do more but they put him in a cage from really letting loose...i have the same attitude/view about oteil burbridge with the allman brothers band
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
edheadwharfrat
Expert Boarder

#47651 2 years, 11 months ago
wlewis wrote:
see i am not impressed with dave schools sound in WSP...i think it's cool he plays a modulus bass because i love the tone they get but i always feel like he is never used to his full potential...it's like i know he can do more but they put him in a cage from really letting loose...i have the same attitude/view about oteil burbridge with the allman brothers band

It's strange how different people have different perceptions. I think Schools in Panic is one of the most loose and free bassists I've ever heard. I love to watch him play because he is all over the neck. I respect your opinion, I just think it's interesting that two people can look at the same thing and perceive it differently.
Without love day to day insanity's king
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#47723 2 years, 11 months ago
edheadwharfrat wrote:
wlewis wrote:

It's strange how different people have different perceptions. I think Schools in Panic is one of the most loose and free bassists I've ever heard. I love to watch him play because he is all over the neck. I respect your opinion, I just think it's interesting that two people can look at the same thing and perceive it differently.

it's not strange at all, we're all so different..i know a lot of people that don't even like them as a band...i'm not saying he doesn't play loosely or with freedom along his neck...i just don't think he's used to full potential...
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
derek92
Junior Boarder

#55217 2 years, 10 months ago
your right about dave you can find some great music with him and some standard bass at other times try listening to panic when houser was at the wheel
1989/4/8 Valdosta Ga great album 4 piece rock band
Time to create page: 0.59 seconds