• Forum Header
  • Topics not covered in other forums.
DangerousDan
Senior Boarder

Bands Youve Seen

#18088 3 years, 5 months ago
Hey Guys and Gals, post all the bands youve seen or as many as you can remember and feel free to get specific.

-Dan

In order:

Foghat
Allman Brothers/Widespread 2009 Charter one Pavilion Chicago (First actuall Show)
Phish Toyota Park 2010 Chicago( Hell yeah kickn off summer tour and first day of summer )
Widespread Panic 3 night Run at Chicago Theatre summer of 2010 (First night rocked- Ride Me High, Third night was eh)
Aerosmith Illinois - (painful experience)
Black Crowes Chicago Theatre Hiatus Tour(More than what i expected out of the Crowes all in alll Great time)
Roger Watesr(the Wall) United Center Chicago (WOW life changing experience on a difffernt level then all other shows)
Furthur 2night Run UIC Pavilion Chicago (Great Time, it was my first time seeing the boys, first show they threw down hard with a nasty second set and ripple to close, 2nd night met some kind folks and shook the bones)

Upcoming shows: Phish ALL 3 NIGHTS AT UIC PAVILION/ hopefully some furthur soon
Listen to the river sing sweet songs
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

Re: Bands Youve Seen

#18093 3 years, 5 months ago
Wow. I just saw an immense hole open up before me. I've been to so many festivals in the last 20 years that I would have to do some serious research. Let's limit this to bands I saw in the 70's. In a sort of time order.
The Brats
Starz
all my friends who had garage bands
UFO
ACDC
Jethro Tull
Moody Blues
The Who
Queen
Rainbow
Robin Trower
Carlos Santana
ELO
STYX
Bruce Springsteen
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Leon Redbone
Joe Cocker
Bad Company
Pink Floyd
Twisted Sister (sorry)
The Kinks

and the Ramones as they passed through my girlfriend's hallway on their way to see the upstairs neighbor.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by Daisy Mae.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18095 3 years, 5 months ago
i think it might be aeasier to list bands i havent seen been going to shows for 30yrs i lived in NYC everybody comes thru there sooner or later
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
MushroomMan
Platinum Boarder

#18097 3 years, 5 months ago
none of these bands were before 2005 so later day line ups.....(not in order and to big a hassle to put all dates/venues)

David Gilmour - RCMH (unreal laser light show)
Rolling Stones (3 times)
Johnny A. (3 times)
Roger Waters (3 times - 2 for Dark Side tour, 1 for The Wall)
Pearl Jam
Allman Brothers (3 times, once with Ratdog, once with WP and I missed most of the 2006 CT set w/ Tom Petty and DTB)
Marshall Tucker
Fleetwood Mac
Eagles
Foreigner
Tom Petty (3 times)
George Thorogood
Blue Oyster Cult
The Who
Steve Miller Band (3 times - once with Joe Cocker, once solo and once with the Doobies)
Lynyrd Skynyrd (3 times)
Doobie Brothers (5 times, 4 opening for someone)
Steve Winwood with Eric Clapton
Jeff Beck with Eric Clapton
Eric Clapton solo (2 times)
CSN and CSNY (1 time each)
Farm Aid 2008
Bob Seger
Def Leppard (2 times - once with Journey and then with Cheap Trick/Poison
Neil Young (3 times - not including Farm Aid)
Bob Dylan (3 times - once with Willie/John Melloncamp then with Elvis Costello solo accoustic another time)
Ozzy
The Police (3 times)
Jethro Tull (2 times)
Rush
Van Halen
Aerosmith (3 times - once with Joan Jett, once Motley Crew and then with ZZ Top)
ZZ Top (2 times)
AC/DC
Bad Company
Cheech & Chong (2 times)
......probably missing some but thats all the ticket stubs I can find right now

-Nothing however can compare to the experiences I've had at any of my Dead related shows, which were....
The Dead - Hartford, CT 2009
Ratdog (3) - 8/20/08 - 11/09/08 - Vibes 2009
Furthur (18) - 12/11/09 - 2/23-24/10 - 2/26/10 - 6/30/10 - 7/30/10 Vibes - 11/19-21/10 - 3/8/11 - All Best Buy and all 3 RCMH shows this spring tour.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by MushroomMan.
Daisy Mae
Expert Boarder

#18100 3 years, 5 months ago
Did you by any chance ever go to Great Gildersleeves? The first two I mention I saw there. That's where it all began for me. Next two at the Palladium, the rest mostly at MSG , Leon Redbone and Joe Cocker at the Westbury Music Fair. I know I've forgotten a few. 83msg1sttyme wrote:
i think it might be aeasier to list bands i havent seen been going to shows for 30yrs i lived in NYC everybody comes thru there sooner or later
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
{({({({({(Health Vibes For Bobby)})})})})}

#18106 3 years, 5 months ago
God !! that would take forever to type all that !
I've seen just about every band I ever wanted to see ( around 300 different professional bands )
back in the late 70's - early 80's tickets and party supplys were cheap enough that you could go out when ever you wanted.
things didn't get out of hand until the 90's
Can't Live that Negative Way, Make Room for the Positive Day !
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18107 3 years, 5 months ago
sounds familiari ve been to several ritzs and clubs come and go.Use to see shows in the lobby of the UN .radio use to do can food drives and youd see a show in the freaking UN try that today. i have a ziploc stuffed full of stubs somewhere.i moved last year im still looking for stuff
Equinox
Platinum Boarder

#18114 3 years, 5 months ago
I can't even begin to start listing everything. I've seen literally thousands of bands since I went to Steppenwolf in 1970. Warm up acts, festivals -- where do I even begin?

How about just the next show? Neil Young at the Tower.
"Got any nails?"
"No!"
"Got any flies?"
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#18121 3 years, 5 months ago
the highway terror wrote:
God !! that would take forever to type all that !
I've seen just about every band I ever wanted to see ( around 300 different professional bands )
back in the late 70's - early 80's tickets and party supplys were cheap enough that you could go out when ever you wanted.
things didn't get out of hand until the 90's
AMEN BROTHA SAY IT LOUD
Chester
More or less in line

#18124 3 years, 5 months ago
Way too many too mention, or even remember.
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
Time to create page: 0.25 seconds