• You are here
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

Re: Question for the vets!!!

#34805 3 years ago
I say GO. Just do it. I havent toured before jus on miracles, but fuck it. Jus stay positive n go balls out. HOPEFULLY in 3 months or however long it is, ill hav enough at least for some cheap tix, but im also in the process of makin a GRIP of bracelets. Been makin glass, n plastic bead bracelets, also hemp w/ glass bead bracelets. Basically jus gonna use em for basic tour funds aka doses,& various whatnots. Never sold stuff on the lot, but im jus gonnna wing it with that. Gonna make some cardboard holders for the bracelets wit notches to hold em. "I GOT BRACELEST SEEEEEE CHEAP IN PRICE BUT NOOOT IN QUALITYYYYY" lmao. Jus go for it dude. Im sayin to myself" ok go balls out, cus im not gonna be sittin in my rockin chair when im old wit all these regrets" YA DIG. lol =-) Live your movie to the fullest. =-)
Last Edit: 3 years ago by DeadHead420.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Daisy Mae
hl2
Fresh Boarder

#37897 3 years ago
not to say i'm a veteran or anything, but ive been on furthur tour for a year and ive been inside more shows than not with only miracles or sneaking in and with no money. i hitchiked cross country for last fall tour (my first full tour) had no money and didnt know anybody and got a miracle ride and now i have family and am doing summer tour supporting myself with making my own clothing. it just depends on whats in your heart, homie. if youre supposed to be there and you have the will, jerry will guide you. just ask him.

edit: yeah also take part in the community. it is a family. when i was first on tour, i was just spanging because i didn't really know any better, i just knew i had to be inside that show. don't just sell drugs either, a lot of people work really hard and put their hearts into what they do to stay on tour. take part in the community. people buy your shit and you buy your friends shit. sell beer, water, grilled cheese, ask vendors if they need help or errands, whatever. but liek i said, most important thing is whats in your heart.
Last Edit: 3 years ago by hl2.
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#37913 3 years ago
PLEASE DONT BE A GATE CRASHER you may think your pulling a fast one or whatever but it will cause the band and the scene nothing but problems . deer creek?
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: Delilajones
DeadHead420
Platinum Boarder
More negative karma please =-)

#37979 3 years ago
If all else fails, you can fishnap some rich persons prized goldfish, n hold it for ransom. =-)
illuminaughty
Platinum Boarder

#38097 3 years ago
i was once at a phish show and this grown ass man was BAWLING his eyes out crying in the lot, so i stop and ask whats up and his old llady tells me hes been to every show that summer, and handt got into one, and this was phish mind you, i had to laugh. its like dude if thats the bigggest problem in your life...
anyway, if you do decide to "tour on miracles" or whateever, please dont come to the west coast. you are obiviiously behind the curve, and could cause ireputable damage to yourself ifn you with a hand full of gimme and a mouth fulll of much obliged...
if you aint got that do-ra-me, stay the fuk home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis
robertjfeldman
Junior Boarder
Criminal Defense Attorney

#38124 3 years ago
KARMA!!!
if one goes through life expecting a free lunch one will get food poisoning eventually GUARANTEED
ass or grass everyone pays
come and join the party every day!
The following user(s) said Thank You: splatter_face, wlewis
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#38153 3 years ago
you should probably figure out a better plan
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: spiritfingers, Daisy Mae, robertjfeldman
spiritfingers
Junior Boarder

#38339 3 years ago
I would bet here that of the "tour vets" who responded here, only folks from 1990 or later said "go on miracles"

and even some of us (like me) said, NO

all the folks who are real vets say Fuck that! get a hussle
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
mirabelasunshine
Junior Boarder

#38583 3 years ago
Seriously. Tour or no tour, figure out a karmically decent way to get some money. You're going to need it, and I don't just mean this summer.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman
Delilajones
Junior Boarder

#39267 3 years ago
we have never been miracled-rather, we've always been the miracle givers-- many times over the years-unfortunately we usually only miracle our sons and their friends now just to keep doing it- such a fine feeling to be able to miracle someone! It got so that everywhere were people just looking for a free ticket- what had been a gift of the heart became almost these peoples' due-still, at times we see someone outside a show, not necessarily w/ a finger in the air- such hard work as stated above!-who truly has the look of a fellow head in need of a miracle and if we can, we miracle- that's the poiint of the miracle- not a free ride-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae, appletee
Time to create page: 0.49 seconds