• You are here
Sorenwthedead
Fresh Boarder

Question for the vets!!!

#32178 3 years, 1 month ago
I've never toured, but I have to do this. On a scale from one to ten how hard is it to make it from lot to lot on a miracle nowadays?
The following user(s) said Thank You: DeadHead420
Irrenarzt
Junior Boarder

Re: Question for the vets!!!

#32220 3 years, 1 month ago
I haven't been to a show since 09 without a ticket so I may not be the best one to post a response to this but my guess is it will be harder now than 20 years ago. Ticket prices back then were around 20 bucks. Now they are at least 50, likely more. So by default, you will have a harder chance at getting a freebie, especially in a down economy. You can always try though.

Good luck man.
All You Need
Last Edit: 3 years, 1 month ago by Irrenarzt.
the highway terror
Platinum Boarder
we gonna stay here til we soothe our souls

#32224 3 years, 1 month ago
just relying on miracles will be rough for sure
large markets will be easier just for the volume of attendees
getting a freebie in some of the smaller stops could be a bit of a pickle

good luck !
CosmicChuckD
Fresh Boarder

#32283 3 years, 1 month ago
You might not be able to get all miracles, but you can usually find cheap tickets on the lot if you try hard enough. You'll probably get shut out once in a while. I think the traveling part is the most difficult these days. Most of the stops are one night only. Back in the day the band would play the same venue for a couple days at least. You didn't have to always hit the road the next day. Good luck, stay safe and have fun!!!
83msg1sttyme
Platinum Boarder

#32542 3 years, 1 month ago
just buy lawn seats nothing sucks more than getting to a show and getting shut out you might make some bad choices thatll lead to trouble,lawns are 25 bucks if you cant swing thta you got bigger problems than worrying bout shows
If i told ya all that went down,it would burn off both your ears
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlewis, Delilajones
killwhyT
Senior Boarder

#34348 3 years ago
I think it can be done, but every show? Your 'plan' is to tour on the generosity of others? Sounds like a leg hump to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: robertjfeldman
scar1et_f1re
Platinum Boarder
R U Kind?

#34408 3 years ago
And in these days of heightened security, I don't think you will see the gate crashing you saw in the '80's and '90's. I was never in favor of that, but I must admit I still remember being at a sold out Nassau Col show when a door magically opened and I followed a large group of people inside.

I also remember Saratoga ~ 1985, I believe I paid $7 for a lawn ticket and people were still ripping down fences to get in. I was amazed that people would hop and crawl over / under fences to save $7 (I dont think Saratoga could possibly sell out).

Why not weave some bracelets or something and sell them for a few bucks each so you can get a ticket. Spending time in a parking lot with deadheads is also cooler than most other things, although I certainly understand the desire to be inside the show.
FFF! Family is Forever!!!

May God bless and keep you always
May your wishes all come true
May you always do for others
And let others do for you
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Daisy Mae
spiritfingers
Junior Boarder

#34469 3 years ago
It is so easy to make money on tour. make some bracelets, cook some food, whatever. It just takes a little creativity and effort.

It's one thing to buy a cheap ticket. Sure, if somebody is selling a cheap ticket, get it. If somebody wants to give a miracle, awesome. But don't expect a miracle. It really isn't such a cool thing to do.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
milesgone
Junior Boarder
All the milesgone behind me to see shows

#34536 3 years ago
I was miracled many times over the years. Its hard work to hold that finger up for three hours.

Also, sell something to make your gas money.. It does not have to be illegal anything....
stickers.. t shirts.. water,, food, beer, art work.. glass..

when u are part of shakedown street , you are more likely to find extra tix.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Daisy Mae
spiritfingers
Junior Boarder

#34794 3 years ago
yes.. pay for your gas and food. NO town likes kids spanging with a gas can sitting at the station.. and when the town doesnt like the heads, its a BAD thing for all of us.

during the later years, the band sent out some messages to everybody "soon we're going to have a very popular band with no place to play" they were getting banned left and right from towns/venues because the fans were pissing so many places off!
Last Edit: 3 years ago by spiritfingers.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 83msg1sttyme, Delilajones
Time to create page: 0.46 seconds